Sunday, May 18, 2008

Domesticated Weekend

What a weekend of domestication!
I had been meaning to clean out closets and unpack boxes from when we moved in November of 2006! I am embarrassed to say I have been keeping clothes from 10 years ago.
#1 I thought I might get back in to them (haha)!
#2 they're really out of style!

We had some help this weekend rearranging our attic and moving some of the paint cans and left over house parts up to the attic. We really need a garden shed and a garage, but I digress.

Scott spent the entire weekend outside planting the garden (mostly tomatoes and peppers) and various other plants.

I cooked chicken and dumplin's this weekend - which was prompted from reading Scott's sister, Laura's blog. I didn't follow the entire recipe, but I did use the dumplin' part of the recipe and they were very good. Light and fluffy! We also tried both of Laura's homemade jams this weekend - yums! I think the apple butter is my favorite.

The Daugherty's arrive this week. We are so very excited to have them visit. We plan to head to the beach for a few days and hopefully take them out on our friend's boat.

Avery hanging around enjoying her weekend




So proud to be pottying like a 'big girl'


At naptime


Avery went with daddy to get his haircut, she came back with a blue tongue.
Looks like she got a lolipop.


Daddy & Avery reading books in her bed




Cherries Before


Cherries After


We hope you all had a happy weekend as well!

2 comments:

Leif Laif Life said...

Ooh, is that clafouti? Jealous!

Glad you enjoyed the jams!

Avery is looking a lot like both her Oonie and her Nanny. In these pictures, I see a lot of both of them in her!

:)

Ooh, Moksi is my word verification- fun!

Caryn said...

Boy, I'm impressed. Closet-cleaning ain't for the weak of heart. And planting gardens in the same weekend? Way too domesticated for any people around these parts!