Sunday, July 20, 2008

No Agenda Sunday

Ahhhhhh, don't you just love days where you really don't have plans and you can just do whatever? I've been cooking and prepping food for the week and taking a few pictures (below).
I started back on the South Beach Diet last Monday. That diet worked so well for me prior to getting pregnant with Avery and I decided it was high time to get the 'baby fat' off. I mean really, 4 years! I am happy to report I lost 4.5 lbs. last week. I like this diet because it is very restrictive the first 2 weeks. When I do diets that let you eat anything, but only small portions, I always blow it. I did have a little slip up and had some wine last night. One more week on phase 1 and things won't be quite so strict. I have actually enjoyed cooking and planning meals and making good nutrition a priority. Let's hope it keeps up, right?

So, yesterday Avery said one of the funniest statements to date. She was showering with Daddy and said, "Daddy I am growing up and getting bigger and bigger and soon I am going to get a penis just like you". He about died and asked me to come into the bathroom so she could tell me as well. My jaw dropped and I looked at her and said, "No, Avery you won't get a penis". She was very dissapointed. Seriously, she made the saddest little face. Meanwhile I am about to bust out laughing, but I don't won't her to feel worse, so I have to run into the other room just so I won't lose it in front of her.

Lately she has been playing and talking a lot before falling asleep for her afternoon nap and she has realized she can sneak out of the bed and play. Today I was at the kitchen window doing dishes (of course) and I saw her poke her head through the cutains in her room to look outside. She saw me standing in the kitchen and RAN back to her bed. I went into her room to get on to her for getting out of her bed, but instead I busted out laughing when I looked at her guilty face. That little girl makes me laugh sometimes and other times NOT, if you know what I mean.

We think she is looking more and more like Daddy. What do YOU think?









4 comments:

2p said...

OMG, that's hilarious (the shower story.)
I can't tell who she looks like but she sure is cute so she must take after Springie!

katienryan said...

Greetings from Maryland! This is Laura's sister-in-law Katie. I have a confession to make, I check out your blog periodically, I love it! Its a great way to keep up with Laura's big family. Anyhoo, I tag you!

Caryn said...

Sweet Avery, trust me, you don't want one of those, really you don't. I am laughing myself silly, about to fall off my barstool. Please don't grow one. Well, at least she said it to Scott and not some person at school or something! My girls are enthralled with poor William's private parts. It's funny what a big deal all that is even though we all see each other all the time! WHO CARES!? Well, I guess the kiddlies do! Loved the story, made my day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Spring! That's a hilarious story!!! Great way to start my day - with a good laugh. Thanks!
Cheers-
laurie