Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christmas in October

If you have wondered why I haven't been blogging, well, it's because we have been busy getting ready for a holiday photo shoot for the December issue of a local magazine. That and every weekend this month is packed with a different event. Oh, and let's not forget how busy work has been. I guess busy is a good thing, but I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to our vacation next week!

We have pumpkins on the front porch and Christmas trees on the inside. Avery doesn't seem to be too confused and she hasn't even asked about opening the presents under the tree. We have some real ones and some fake ones.

Here are a few pictures I took the day of the shoot.

The garland on the stairs


The front room (a bit overexposed)


I was up at 3:00AM baking cookies. Haha, just kidding. I picked them up.

An antique hutch we got earlier in the year.

The Dining Table


Another View


This centerpiece was put together at 7:00AM.


Kitchen View


I have been working on Avery's room decor. It still isn't complete, but it's getting closer.


Avery's Princess Tree


Us in the front room - the photographer took this with my camera - it's a little blurry, but maybe holiday card worthy?????

4 comments:

G8rAlly said...

Spring & Scott, the house looks amazing, as always. Can't wait to see the magazine article!

2p said...

I really like the family photo. For some reason it looks better now. I think your resolution was quirky on your computer.

So, would now be too early to put my tree now that your house got me in the Christmas spirit?

Caryn said...

Love the decorations! And I think if you want a better family photo than that you're crazy! At least you have one! More than I can say.

Leif Laif Life said...

Oooh, the house looks lovely. I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas! Of course, I have to strip wallpaper and paint the whole thing before I do that, but no matter! I love that family photo...the only thing that looks blurry in it are the christmas trees on the mantel, and you all look so cute (even brother!) that ain't nobody lookin at the mantel (except for me trying to find the blurriness you mentioned).

Anyway, looks fantastic, and now I want Christmas cookies (thanks a lot!)

What magazine, by the way?