Sunday, February 28, 2010

Class Pasta Making

I kind of volunteered Scott last year to make pasta for Avery's class. He and Avery enjoying doing that together and I knew the class would enjoy it as well. It just didn't happen last year - we got busy and never mentioned it again. The month of February Avery's class was studying the continent of Europe and Ms. Christina asked if Scott would be able to make pasta this month.
Last Friday Scott packed up all the pasta making gear and took Avery to class for the morning presentation. I wish I could have gone, but I handed Avery my point and shoot camera and asked if she would get the teacher to take a few pictures for me. I forgot to change the settings on the camera, so some of the pictures look a little off. Even though they're not the best pictures in the world, I think you can still tell what a fun time the class had making and eating pasta.

Scott cuts the cheese. :-) He took all fresh ingredients, even fresh eggs from our chickens!



Scott tried to get the kids to grate the Parmesan, but it was a little more difficult than he expected.


Avery's teacher, Ms. Christina taking over the parmesan grating duty.


I love this picture of the class listening to "Mr. Scott" talk about pasta making. I can tell Avery has a slightly embarrased expression on her face.


Scott shows the kids how to mix the eggs and flour together.


Rolling the pasta dough out. Each kid got to roll their own dough.


Clara is proud of her dough rolling accomplishment.


The pasta hanging after each child rolled their dough.

Scott begins cutting the pasta.


After cooking the pasta in the school kitchen, Scott added olive oil and fresh grated parmesan and the kids got to eat it.
Here are Mary and Brooklyn enjoying the noodles.
Liam and Lia trying it out. I can't be for sure, but Liam doesn't look all that impressed with fresh pasta.
However, Lia looks like she approves of the fresh pasta.

1 comments:

MysiMoo said...

Just wanted to say that I googled me daughters name, and your blog came up!

Avery Raine is a gorgeous name, I must say!