Tuesday, September 22, 2009

True Blood Party




I had some friends over to watch the season finale of HBO's True Blood show. Every now and then I love to do a themed party. I spent the entire day in the kitchen preparing food and it didn't even seem like a chore, it was a lot of fun. I didn't get near as many pictures as I wanted, especially of everyone hanging out. Below are some pictures of the day.

The menu:




I used that recipe and it was super simple and VERY good.


Spaghetti Bolognese


Baked brie with a cranberry orange topping - sorry no picture. :-(



Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing and a 'blood' drizzle.


The table. We also made blood orange/pomagranite wine spritzers. No recipe, we just made it up.

It was such a fun evening and I can't believe we have to wait until June 2010 for season 3!!!

1 comments:

Laura said...

ooh, that blood dripping out of the cupcake is making me a little dizzy! :) Looks like a lotta fun (and yummy).