Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June - SC Beach Trip

We went up to SC for a beach trip last weekend with the cousins. The drive with all the stops was about 8 hours - which was why I was able to finally spend some time on the blog. We had a wonderful time with the cousins - just wish it had been longer. Avery had the best time playing with the girls. So much so that she silently cried for about 30 minutes into our return trip home.

Bobby & Scott on the water.
Photobucket

The girlies - Avery, Reid & Davis.
Photobucket

Sunset Cruise
Photobucket

Any guesses who this might be? :)
Photobucket

I got up early one morning all excited about fishing with Bobby and Scott. The pic below was my only photo of the morning because about 15 minutes later all I could do was lay down and stare at the sky or barf over the side of the boat. We were about 2-3 miles out in the ocean, but those consistant swells gave me some serious motion sickness. I hadn't had motion sickness in 17 years, but then again I have been only in mild waters since the sailing trip to the islands. I will not forget to take something before I go out in the seas again. I was so bummed that I felt so bad - I had really been looking forward to fishing with the guys. Oh well, next time.

Here's a shot of the sun rising.
Photobucket

The girls had a blast on the beach.
Photobucket

Davis
Photobucket

Avery kept running in and out of the water with the tube.
Photobucket

The girls really wanted to go to to the Pavillion down the street, so one afternoon we took them down to do one "ride".
Photobucket

Reid
Photobucket

Davis did lots of flips.
Photobucket

Avery got to experience her first ice cream truck and boy did she think that was cool. I think they got ice cream twice while we were there.
Photobucket

Walking back to the house from the truck with their treats.
Photobucket

Enjoying the ice cream on the porch.
Photobucket
Our last evening there we took a boat ride down to a few restaurants in town and walked along the boardwalk scoping all the restaurants for the one that looked the best. One of the restaurants had a few sculptures and the girls fell in love with "Bubba Love". Too funny!

Photobucket

Avery Raine down by the boardwalk.
Photobucket

The balloon guy came over to make balloons for the girls. Avery opted for the palm tree hat. Reid got a purple poodle and I really can't remember what Davis had, but it kept popping.
Photobucket

Heading back to the house from our last night cruise.
Photobucket

Full moon rising. We headed home the next morning. Despite getting some negative news during the trip, I think we all managed to have a nice time. Looking forward to getting the girls together (and us too!) sometime in the near future.
Photobucket

We have another trip coming up soon to visit some friends in south Florida and then we will be hanging around town for the next few weeks. Hopefully more pics to come soon. It seems I am finally getting out of my blogging drought.

0 comments: