Sunday, April 26, 2009

Anniversary Trip

Scott and I decided we wanted to go to St. Augustine to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We went out to dinner Friday night in town and had a fun time (a little too fun for Spring). That fun time delayed our St. Augustine trip by a few hours. We finally got over to our hotel Saturday afternoon. The Casa Monica hotel is beautiful! We had asked our friend Lauren if she would come over to help with Avery so we could have a few childfree moments, but for the most part we really wanted Avery to enjoy the trip with us. Sunday we rented a boat and went boating with some friends up the intercoastal. It was such a relaxing day! I didn't want it to end. I am now suffering from the post-vacation blues. I had forgotten to bring my camera, so thankfully my friend Jay let me borrow his!

Posing perfectly for me on the island we stopped at off the intercoastal.


Resting on the boat.


This was the boat we rented. It was really nice and big. We keep dreaming of getting a boat now.


At the end of the day we headed back to the Conch House for Regae Sunday and found a family that had been beached (like we were earlier in the day), so we helped them get their boat unstuck. By the look of the wifes' face, I think they were very grateful.


This was the view out our 2nd floor master bedroom window. This is the Lightener Museum.

Lauren entertaining Avery with stickers on the way to go boating.



There was a wedding reception at the pool area when we first checked in, so Avery and I stopped by the pool area when we were checking out. She loved it.


Pool Side







She found this punch ball by the pool and absolutely loved it. I let her take it home and it was a HUGE hit, until she rolled down the car window and it flew out. She was mortified about losing her ball, but I thought it was a good lesson on opening car windows. Mommy has been telling her for sometime about how objects can fly out the windows when we are going down the road. I don't think she will mess with the windows for a long time.


Outside the hotel, getting ready to leave.

0 comments: