Saturday, January 9, 2010

I love cold!

I might be one of the only people I know that absolutely LOVES this cold weather.
I'm not sure why - maybe it's because I grew up in an area that had moderately cold weather. Something about it is just nostalgic to me. I love having hot drinks, wearing sweaters and curling up under blankets by the fire (wish we had working fireplaces). Most of all, I love not sweating or ever being hot. I think I live in the wrong state because soon enough it will be blazing hot.

This weekend we are packing up the Christmas decorations. We have so much Christmas stuff, it is exhausting. It's been a great day though, it feels good to be productive.

Tonight we are going out to dinner (yay!) and to see the Princess and the Frog again (well, again for Avery, but a first for us).

Here are a few recent pics.


This is Fergus (Fergie) outside the kitchen window. He wants to come in because it was 32* outside. I've been keeping them in the bathroom on cold nights and turning a heating pad on for them outside during the day.


In a nutshell....these are two nuts.


Avery poses with citrus (I have no idea what this particular citrus is, we have at least 10 different varieties in the yard).


We are in the "I can dress myself" stage. Luckily, we didn't leave the house until the outfit changed!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the cold, too. Everyone thinks I'm weird because of it. Glad to know I'm not the only one, and you're weird, too! :)

LOL - my word very is cringin...

Avery + Mommy & Daddy said...

Me loves me some cold. Wanna go see some snow before is gets warm? I am up for a trip. Who wants to join us?

Laura said...

Have been wantin' to do me some snowshoin' of late...