Monday, August 18, 2008

New School

Monday was Avery's first day at her new school. I think I was a little more nervous than she was. She did so well! We got there a few minutes early and when it was time to say good-bye at her classroom door, she gave me a hug and a kiss and walked right in without any problems. I hope her second day goes just as well!

I completely forgot to get AM pictures, so I got a few of her in her classroom and outside of her school when I picked her up. It actually worked out better - we had the whole classroom to ourselves.



Showing me all the pictures of the kids in her class.


And where she lives (I think she was a little off).


Clinbing the ladder in her classroom.


Sitting in the reading chair.






5 comments:

Caryn said...

Wow, Avery, I am so impressed with you! Walking in like a big girl! Izzy starts school on Thursday (staggered entrance for PreK) and is excited/nervous. She does really like her teacher and even got up the nerve to yell hi to her in the pickup line! We'll let you know. I'll tell her how great Avery was, maybe it'll inspire her like at Nanny's swimming pool! Don't want Avery showing her up!

2p said...

Yay, Avery! I can't wait to hear how the Montessori school is.

Unknown said...

TOO FREAKING CUTE!!!

Caryn said...

How did the second (third and fourth) day go?

Avery + Mommy & Daddy said...

The 2nd and 3rd day went well. Overall she seemed happy with the change. Then the storm came in and school closed for 2 days. She was 'Tropical Storm Avery'. As soon as the weather cleared, so did her mood. Thank goodness.