Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank you Oonie!

My mom has been here for the last 3 weeks helping us with Avery so we could go to work. It was wonderful having the help around the house, the wonderful meals, shopping and childcare. We could get used to this!

This time she was here for about a week when she got sick. Poor thing gets sick everytime she comes to visit. This sickness was a yucky upper respiratory virus. I think she left home somewhat healthy at least.

The weather has been so hot and muggy lately. It's about this time of year when I start wishing we lived somewhere besides Florida. I'll have to keep on wishing, because it is very unlikely that we will ever move, unless we become super rich and can spend part of the year in a mountain home. Keep dreaming...

I really wanted to do a few photos shoots with Avery and Mom because usually when she comes to visit we never get to it. I am glad we took the time to do it last week. See below.

This coming Monday Avery starts back to school. We had her orientation on Friday and she (and I) are very excited about this last year of preschool. She will be in the same class, but has lot of new friends. I think we are all ready to get back into routine. I am hoping we are all ready to go because I haven't done much school shopping since everything is provided at her school and she can still wear all her clothes still from the summer. It makes no sense to get anything for cool weather anytime soon and surely she will grow some between now and October anyway.

It's Saturday around 2 and I need to get some motivation for this weekend. I'm not sure why, but my motovation is really lacking this summer. Blah, blah, blah, enough rambling, I need to get in the shower - yes, it is almost 2 and I still haven't showered.....*sigh*








0 comments: